KGW’s Keeping You Safe Campaign is about empowering you to be resilient in the face of disasters of all kinds by taking individual and family preparedness actions now; having a plan in place for when emergencies occur; and being informed of the risks you may face so you can be ready for anything.
The American Red Cross and KGW are helping our community be prepared for disasters such as a 9.0 Cascadia Subduction Zone earthquake by holding Prepare Out Loud earthquake and disaster preparedness forums.
Attendees will experience a unique and interactive presentation where they will learn:
- The science and history of the Cascadia Subduction Zone
- How humans behave during disasters
- What to expect during a Cascadia earthquake
- How to quickly locate your loved ones following a disaster, and
- How much food, water and other supplies you will need to take care of yourself and others.